Monday, October 17, 2011

1st and 2nd salmon trips

Well I finally made it over to the Lake michigan tributaries!  First trip was two weekends ago and my dad an I ended up meeting a few guys (Blake, Neal, and Paul)  over in Milwaukee.  The kings were in real thick we all caught fish.  Neal actually got a nice little steelhead too!  A little better report of the weekend can be found over on the Illinois Wisconsin blog.  I'm having trouble downloading pictures from the weekend, but Blake has a few.

This past weekend (10/16) I met up with Neal and Blake in Sheboygan on the Sheboygan River.  There wasn't quite as much of a crowd compared to milwaukee, but there was no shortage of fish!  The coho's were in and a few late run kings were in as well.  I ended up catching 3 fair hooked coho's, my first three on a fly rod!

My father and his first fair hooked king of the day!

A nice red coho!

My first coho on a fly!

Blake Hamilton and a nice sheboygan river king!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the coho's, i see you like the pic with the bloody mouth, that was my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete