Monday, April 2, 2012

2011 Deer season mounts

Just picked up my two mounts from the taxidermist yesterday and snapped a couple of picture.
I got them done at Frye's taxidermy in Middleton, Wi.  I think he did a good job with both of them, and he does them for a good price.  He's done 3 shoulder mounts for us and all of them have turned out great.
Shot 5 yards apart, and 1 week apart, but complete opposites as far as antlers!

Haven't scored him yet, but he'll easily make pope and young!

right about 150" with a 23 3/4inch inside spread 

The 2011 season was a GREAT one for me, not a bad season before i head off to college.


4 comments:

  1. Great looking mounts and even better deer. I am waiting to see what the top one scores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got done scoring the 8, he ended up at 144.5" pope and young Typical score

      Delete
  2. Awesome mounts and sweet deer! That 8 is a Brute!!! I am waiting on my 2 mounts to come back, and I hope they turn out as nice as yours. Did you shoot em with gun or bow?

    ReplyDelete