Monday, August 20, 2012

Slow summer, now i live in utah!

Well title pretty much says it all, drought and heat in wisconsin made it so i didn't fish a whole lot throughout the summer, and when i did end up going there wasn't too many days worthy of a write up.

Last friday I moved into my apartment in Salt Lake City, Utah for school... i mean for fishing and skiing...

Ended up going today with a few friends on the Middle Provo, pretty slow fishing,  they each got their first trout on a fly rod though!  I ended up with just two fish, at least both were of pretty good size at about 17inches a piece.

I've got tuesdays and thursdays off, get out of class at noon on friday, so i should be getting in a lot of fishing, which means i should start posting more again!

Other than the fishing being kinda slow this summer for me,  2012 has been probably the best year of my life so far, hope everyone else's year is going well
Tight lines
-Blake

3 comments:

  1. If I had a redo, I'd pick a college out West. Or one in NE Iowa. Good move, Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college in RI and the summers were great, but if i had to do it again i would have gone out west. Seems like the state of Utah has great recreation at hand. Great fising, backpacking, hunting, no gun or magazine bans, sounds like a great place. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck this year freshman, hope you can stay off the slopes and rivers long enough to make a few classes here and there ;)

    ReplyDelete